Sunday, February 19, 2012


First snow

Watching the snow fly

swift like feathers

from my second story window

blowing eastward

then westward

like someone blowing dust

off the coffee table

white cloak gently covering

uneven ground, grass mistaken

for sidewalks, roads mistaken

for grass, and I am safely tucked

in my bedroom gazing

at the wonderment

of the first winter's snow.



12-12-2010
I know we are well into winter and we have had many snows since the first one, but I was thinking about this today and thought I would post it.  I remember when I was younger and greeted snow with joy, yearning to be the first one to create footprints in the pure white.  There was tobogganing, sleding, and snowmen. Now,when I think of snow my first thought is, "oh no! I have to drive in it and shovel it, and deal with the cold."  Funny how we lose sight of the simple things as we grow older, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment